A Modern Cinema Group Company
MOCI MEDIA INC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Modern Cinema Group, that manages hardware and software solutions. It focuses its attention on the development of hardware and software solutions that will allow the company to distribute media over LTE-B, WIFI, LTE and other networks using cutting edge technology. The division also writes and publishes its own software in the form of applications for android, apple and PC and MACs as well.
It also manages the systems and hardware used to create the worldwide network of metro users, LTE-B multicast systems and will work to provide financing and technologies that allow older (3G and 4G) mobile networks to distribute high-resolution content by way of Multicasting using MBMS. Newer LTE networks will use eMBMS or LTE Broadcasting. This allows both older 3G/4G and newer LTE networks to potentially send our content to millions of user devices simultaneously. The content titles will be stored on user™s devices to be played at a later time (On-Demand). Such a store-and-play-later delivery model is referred to as Pre-Positioning.
MOCI Media is already in contract negotiations with mobile carriers located around the world
One of the Main projects being launched by MOCI Media is MOCI Direct Mobile
MOCI Direct Mobile is a new and innovative mobile video delivery platform specifically designed for emerging market territories with significant mobile saturation, however poor cell coverage resulting in poor video quality. As higher resolution video will soon be expected for new Virtual and Augmented Reality applications, these mobile networks will need significant upgrades to their video distribution infrastructures. MOCI Direct Mobile plans to complement mobile networks with video enhancement systems and technologies that will dramatically improve the viewing experience with no data charges being assessed to end-users.
|Services it will offer:|
The MOCI Direct Mobile approach guarantees “no data charges” and “no data limits” as it employs a (one-way) Multicast video distribution strategy rather than the more common (dedicated) “Unicast” video distribution strategy. Although Multicasting systems and technologies have been available since the early days of the Internet, few developers have understood its potential within a mobile environment. MOCI Direct Mobile’s patented approach leverages Multicasting in such a way as to solve the current-day video distribution bottlenecks while preparing for the world of 5G ahead – our new connected world.
The strategy behind MOCI Direct Mobile is to Multicast (or broadcast) video (file) data to millions of people, allowing these people to filter-out the video titles they do not want. These video titles can then be stored on user’s mobile devices so they can be played locally in an “on-demand” fashion (at a later time). This approach significantly reduces stress on cell networks as compared to delivering dedicated (Unicast) streams, while providing a perfect “play-out” experience for high resolution media content.
This model requires adequate storage capacity on mobile devices, however storage capacities have increased exponentially over the last few years, and prices have likewise plummeted. Therefore, the strategy of leveraging the combined power of Multicasting technologies with increased local storage allow for the service as described in this plan. The diagram below describes the increase in mobile network speeds and the simultaneous drop in the cost of storage. It is now time to build a new and highly efficient mobile media distribution architecture leveraging the intersection of these two phenomena.
MOCI Direct Mobile offers two basic usage models as follows:
- Downloadable Apps for Smart Phones and Tablets
- Passenger Vehicle “Hotspots”
Users will be able to download the MOCI Direct Mobile App from any App Store and enjoy the service provided by their mobile carrier. Users will also be able to connect to MOCI Direct Mobile’s passenger vehicle “Hot Spots” by way of Wifi. Alternatively, users will be able to connect by way of more traditional Wifi connections as well. All three of these offerings are expected to be hugely popular especially to young audiences looking to be connected at all times.
Revenue Model Considerations
- MOCI Direct Mobile offers a free service with ads and a premium service that delivers no ads whatsoever (similar to the popular Pandora music service).
- Annual revenues are estimated to exceed $3 billion world-wide by 2020 with an EBITDA of 35%. The full financing plan is available within a separate document.
- MOCI Direct Mobile can also deliver “Live” video from sporting events, concerts, news services and other time-sensitive venues not to mention non-visible real-time data for future mechanisms such as Connected Cars and other connected apparatus.
- MOCI Direct Mobile will be providing three significant resources to mobile operators within emerging market territories as follows:
- High-Value content titles from Hollywood, independent producers not to mention regional and local producers
- Content Security Systems (specifically designed for Multicasting) needed to license high-value content
- Significant Project financing for all necessary hardware, software and media content
As part of content curation strategy, MOCI Direct Mobile plans to employ local and regional celebrities (singers, actors, athletes and others) to recommend and then “push” video titles (and playlists) to their huge base of fans. Such a service will allow users to enjoy constant streams of compelling titles without the need for extensive search and discovery. Other recommendation resources including social media “advisors” will be provided as well.
For all of this to happen, MOCI Direct Mobile must deploy small server systems installed within numerous cell towers in a given region, and optional (small) satellite receiver “dishes” for the reception of “Live” events. Such a configuration within discrete cell towers creates what’s referred to as a Gateway, allowing a Multicast session to commence (where Multicast sessions are impossible to deliver over the open internet). Each server and dish combination will perform the following functions:
- Store large numbers of video content titles
- Broadcast numerous simultaneous Multicast streams to users within the footprint of cell towers
- Receive “Live” events from MOCI Direct Mobile’s own satellite Dish
- Splice ads into these Multicast streams in order to generate significant advertising revenues
- Synchronize MOCI Direct Mobile App with cell tower systems to provide next-generation video delivery services (Movies, TV, VR, AR, Games and others)
- Synchronize with popular Social Media Apps and Venues
- Synchronize the aggregated cell tower systems with a cloud-based “command-and-control” center
- Allow alternative “On-Demand” (Unicast) delivery of titles from the MOCI Direct Mobile Library
The MOCI Direct Mobile model is carefully crafted to provide perfect video quality to billions of people who are prime candidates for the latest in media applications while providing resources to mobile operators and content partners; allowing them to enjoy increased subscriber satisfaction and loyalty.
Mr. Ross Cooper, the key architect of the MOCI Direct Mobile system is the founder of the world’s leading content security company named Verimatrix, Inc. Mr. Cooper was singularly responsible for incorporating Verimatrix, and defining its business model. Along with its early pioneers, Mr. Cooper built the company to the place where it has become a leading global content security brand. Today, Verimatrix secures 850 network operators, in 110 countries around the world.